Welcome to Rush Bikes. By using the services on the Rush Bikes websites (rushbikes.com and other related websites where this agreement appears), you are agreeing to the following terms, including those available by hyperlink, with Rush Bikes and the general principles for the websites of our subsidiaries and international affiliates.
Using Rush Bikes
While using Rush Bikes, you will not:
- violate any laws, third party rights, or our policies;
- use our sites or services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts, are under the age of 18, or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from our sites;
- fail to deliver payment for items purchased by you, unless the seller has materially changed the item’s description after you bid, a clear typographical error is made, or you cannot authenticate the seller’s identity;
- circumvent or manipulate our fee structure, the billing process, or fees owed to Rush Bikes;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading or defamatory content;
- take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of the sites or using it for purposes unrelated to Rush Bikes);
- transfer your Rush Bikes account (including feedback) and User ID to another party without our consent;
- distribute or post spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Rush Bikes, or the interests or property of Rush Bikes users;
- copy, modify, or distribute content from the Rush Bikes’ copyrights and trademarks; or
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent.
Abusing Rush Bikes
Rush Bikes and the Community work together to keep our sites and services working properly and the Community safe. Please report problems, offensive content, and policy violations to us.
Rush Bikes works to ensure that listed items do not infringe upon the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties. If you believe that your rights have been violated, please notify us at email@example.com and we will investigate.
Without limiting other remedies, we may limit, suspend or terminate our service and user accounts, prohibit access to our website, delay or remove hosted content, and take technical and legal steps to keep users off the sites if we think that they are creating problems, possible legal liabilities, or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. We also reserve the right to cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a long time.
Fees and Services
Joining Rush Bikes is free. We do charge fees for using other services, such as processing fees. We may choose to temporarily change the fees for our products for promotional events (for example, free listing days) or new services, and such changes are effective when we post the temporary promotional event, product, or new service on the sites.
Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in U.S. Dollars. You are responsible for paying all fees and applicable taxes associated with our sites and services in a timely manner with a valid payment method. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms. (This includes charging other payment methods on file with us, retaining collection agencies and legal counsel, and for accounts over 180 days past due, deducting the amount owed from your PayPal account balance.)
When you give us content, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise the copyright, trademark, publicity, and database rights (but no other rights) you have in the content, in any media known now or in the future.
For the convenience of sellers, we may offer catalogs of stock images, descriptions and product specifications, which are provided by third-parties. While we try to offer reliable data, we cannot promise that the catalogs will always be accurate and up-to-date. If you choose to include catalog content in your listings, you will be responsible for ensuring that your listings are accurate and do not include misleading information. You agree that you will not hold our catalog providers responsible for inaccuracies in their catalogs. The catalogs may include copyrighted, trademarked or other proprietary materials. You may use the catalogs only for informational purposes and only in connection with your Rush Bikes listings. You may not use catalog content in a way that infringes or violates anyone’s proprietary rights.
You will not hold Rush Bikes responsible for other users’ content, actions, or in-actions. We do not transfer legal ownership of items from the seller to the buyer, and nothing in this agreement shall modify the governing provisions of Texas Commercial Code § 2401(2) and Uniform Commercial Code § 2-401(2), under which legal ownership of an item is transferred upon physical delivery of the item to the buyer by the seller. Unless the buyer and the seller agree otherwise, the buyer will become the item’s lawful owner upon physical receipt of the item from the seller, in accordance with Texas Commercial Code § 2401(2) and Uniform Commercial Code § 2-401(2). Further, we cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our services, and operation of the sites may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted, we exclude all implied warranties, terms and conditions. We are not liable for any loss of money, goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of our sites and services. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Regardless of the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or to any third party is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you paid to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to the liability, and (b) $100.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a Texas resident, you waive Texas Civil Code §1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
Access and Interference
The sites contains robot exclusion headers. Much of the information on the sites is updated on a real-time basis and is proprietary or is licensed to Rush Bikes by our users or third parties. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the sites for any purpose without our express written permission.
Additionally, you agree that you will not:
- take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, or publicly display any content (except for Your Information) from the sites without the prior expressed written permission of Rush Bikes and the appropriate third party, as applicable;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the sites or any activities conducted on the sites; or
- bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the sites.
You will indemnify and hold us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees), harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
Except as explicitly stated otherwise, legal notices shall be served on Rush Bikes national registered agent (in the case of Rush Bikes) or to the email address you provide to Rush Bikes during the registration process (in your case). Notice shall be deemed given 24 hours after email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid. Alternatively, we may give you legal notice by mail to the address provided during the registration process. In such case, notice shall be deemed given three days after the date of mailing.
Resolution of Disputes
If a dispute arises between you and Rush Bikes, our goal is to provide you with a neutral and cost effective means of resolving the dispute quickly. Accordingly, you and Rush Bikes agree that we will resolve any claim or controversy at law or equity that arises out of this Agreement or our services (a “Claim”) in accordance with one of the subsections below or as we and you otherwise agree in writing. Before resorting to these alternatives, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by going to the About Us page. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.
- Law and Forum for Disputes – This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Texas as they apply to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Texas between Texas residents, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against Rush Bikes must be resolved by a court located in Harris County, Texas except as otherwise agreed by the parties or as described in the Arbitration Option paragraph below. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Harris County, Texas for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes.
- Arbitration Option – For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. In the event a party elects arbitration, they shall initiate such arbitration through an established alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: a) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration; b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and c) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Improperly Filed Claims – All claims you bring against Rush Bikes must be resolved in accordance with this Resolution of Disputes Section. All claims filed or brought contrary to the Resolution of Disputes Section shall be considered improperly filed. Should you file a claim contrary to the Resolution of Disputes Section, Rush Bikes may recover attorneys’ fees and costs up to $1000, provided that Rush Bikes has notified you in writing of the improperly filed claim, and you have failed to promptly withdraw the claim.
Rush Bikes is located at 22932 Mossy Oaks Road, Spring, TX 77389. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. In our sole discretion, we may assign this Agreement in accordance with the Notices Section. Headings are for reference purposes only and do not limit the scope or extent of such section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. We do not guarantee we will take action against all breaches of this Agreement.
We may amend this Agreement at any time by posting the amended terms on this site. Except as stated elsewhere, all amended terms shall automatically be effective 30 days after they are initially posted. Additionally, we will notify you through the Rush Bikes Message Center. This Agreement may not be otherwise amended except in a writing signed by you and us. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between us with respect to the subject matter hereof. The following Sections survive any termination of this Agreement: Fees and Services (with respect to fees owed for our services), Release, Content License, Liability, Indemnity and Resolution of Disputes.